EXHIBITIONS RESEARCH ASSISTANT
The Exhibitions Research Assistant will provide support primarily for the 9/11 Memorial Registries, a complex and data-rich site that records firsthand accounts of witnesses and survivors, rescue and recovery workers, and tracks memorials throughout the globe. Reporting to the Exhibition Coordinator, the Exhibitions Research Assistant will conduct research and develop content for the site, help with site maintenance and data upkeep, participate in outreach efforts to registrants, and complete other research and special projects, as needed.
- Research content for the Registries site, including organizations that participated in rescue and recovery efforts and 9/11 memorials.
- Audit data for factual and stylistic accuracy.
- Help track incoming memorials and draft memorial profiles.
- Support general maintenance of the site to improve data quality.
- Participate in outreach efforts to registrants and help respond to inquiries.
- Aid in the tracking of Registries-related statistics and other deliverables for institutional use.
- Additional exhibition research, content development support, and special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Graduate degree in history, museum studies, library and information science, or other liberal arts field (either completed or in process) desirable.
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills.
- Highly organized and excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with database management, data entry, and large amounts of data.
- Comfort with content management systems and web-based platforms a plus.
- General knowledge of events of September 11, 2001, and February 26, 1993, helpful.
- This is a part-time position (20-24 hours/week).
- This is a temporary position (6–9 months).
HOW TO APPLY
- Include job title in the email subject field.
- Please indicate the location where job posting was seen.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter, which must include your salary requirements, to email@example.com by 9/18/15.
- Please visit our web site at http://www.911Memorial.org.
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum at the World Trade Center Foundation, Inc. is committed to workforce diversity. EEO