ACLS invites applications for the seventh competition of the Mellon/ACLS Public Fellows program. This year, the program will place up to 22 recent PhDs from the humanities and humanistic social sciences in two-year term staff positions at partnering organizations in government and the nonprofit sector.
- Stipend: $67,500 per year, with health insurance coverage for the fellow, and up to $3,000 in professional development funds over the course of the fellowship
- Tenure: Two years; start date on August 1 or September 1, 2017, depending on the fellowship position
- Applications will be accepted only through the ACLS Online Fellowship Application system (ofa.acls.org). Please do not contact any of the organizations directly.
- Application deadline: March 22, 2017, 8 pm EDT
- Notification of application status will occur by email starting late-May 2017.
- possess US citizenship or permanent resident status;
- have a PhD in the humanities or humanistic social sciences (see note on eligible fields below) conferred between September 1, 2013 and June 18, 2017; and
- defend and file/deposit their completed dissertations no later than April 6, 2017, and be prepared to verify this with official university documentation during the review and selection process.
Please visit the fellowship site to learn more and apply!