Attention Master’s Students:
Please consider applying to the second annual GSAS Master’s SynThesis Competition, an opportunity to showcase your research and presentation skills in a fun and collegial environment.
- The event will be held on May 4, 2017, from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. in the Jed D. Satow Conference Room in Lerner Hall.
- If you wish to participate, please apply here by Friday, March 31, 2017.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee; those applicants who advance to the second round will be interviewed before finalists are announced in mid-April.
- All finalists will participate in a preparatory workshop with GSAS staff before the competition.
- Finalists will present their thesis research in four slides and five minutes—without the use of notes—to a general audience and a panel of interdisciplinary judges.
Prizes: First-, second-, and third-place awardees will receive prizes of $500, $300, and $200, respectively. A reception for all SynThesis participants and the guest audience will follow.
Questions? Please write to email@example.com. We look forward to your participation in what promises to be an exciting event.