History in Action Master Class: How to Be Interesting
Part II 13 December, 12:00-2:00 Prof. Simon Schama
- Following on the discussion in Part I (Oct 26), Part II will be the practical side of the masterclass. Participants are asked to identify elements from their academic research (a figure/figures, an event, a place…) which can be reworked as a standalone narrative. Students should, at some point over the few weeks (and certainly by 18 November, 3:00 PM), submit to Prof. Schama a paragraph outlining that subject. A 1000-word piece of writing—aimed at a non-academic general audience, and designed to be as engaging as possible—should then be sent by 8 December, 3:00 PM. These pieces will serve as the basis for detailed shared discussion in the class. Lunch will be served.
- You may participate in Part II even if you missed Part I.
- To sign up, please send to email@example.com
- By 18 Novermber: a paragraph description of your subject.
- By 8 December: 1000 words of writing, aimed at a non-academic general audience, and designed to be as engaging as possible
- Questions?: firstname.lastname@example.org