Call for Applications: History in Action Project Awards
Deadline is January 9, 2017
History in Action invites all doctoral students in good standing to submit a proposal for a Spring 2017 HAPA. The HAPA enables financial assistance for History graduate students to initiate or sustain a project that contributes directly to the mission of history in public life – meshing academic research and public outreach – and to create valuable relationships between the Department of History and communities elsewhere.
HIA seeks to provide students with the resources to execute ever-more elaborate and extensive projects. With this goal in mind, HAPA offers an award (up to $3,000) to be used over the Spring semester
The History in Action Project Award:
- Supports graduate students who have/wish to create working relationships with distinct organizations as part of their ongoing research activities.
- Ranges from $1000 to $3000, depending on the nature of the project and the duration.
- Is intended for discrete projects over a discrete time-frame, over the Spring semester.
- Applicants must be current PhD students in good standing in the Department of History.
- Grantees will attend HIA events or write about their projects for the HIA website (and/or the AHA Today blog) at the request of HIA staff.
- Teams of collaborators are encouraged to apply.
- Proposals to extend previous HAPA projects are also welcome.
- Submit a 2-page Project Statement including description of the opportunity, research and community outreach highlights, time commitment, and active outcomes.
- Submit a 1-page Budget outline. The budget can include discretionary funds, and/or specific funds towards the project costs.
- Forward a recommendation email/note from faculty supervisor addressing the viability of the student’s time commitment in view of departmental benchmarks.
All materials should be submitted to email@example.com. Deadline for submission of all materials is 5 PM on January 9, 2017